IT'S NOT EASY BEING A SOUTHERN BELLE-EVEN AFTER YEARS OF PRACTICE!













Wednesday, May 26, 2010

CLOSE BUT NO CIGAR!

I am on a quest---I HEAR THOSE GROANS! This quest doesn't involve ANYONE but me! I have decided I want to be able to view movies played on my laptop on the television. Sounds simple enough--RIGHT?

SO BC tells me ---"You just go to RS & get a cable and hook them up together." The "Attitude Rich Sales Clerk" at RS gives me this condescending look and points out the cable I need. When I inquire about how difficult this will be--he then gives me the "What Boat Did You Come In On" look. I REALLY don't appreciate these attitudes! As I am checking out, he asks, "Did you want to be able to hear the movie on your television." DUH--no I am into lip reading! That requires another cable.

I get home and go on my quest to hook it all up. I have my "Red Box" rental in my hot little hand and I think "HOW HARD CAN THIS BE?" Well hooking it up is not hard---not hard at all. Getting it to actually work is another thing!

So I download 2 different pieces of software--can't even remember how I discovered I needed those. A "Movie Shower" and a "Movie Decoder". I think OK now----NO SOAP. I am down on my knees by the computer reading and watching videos of how to do this by this point.

I GAVE UP! BC is on the couch asleep--I've seen the movie and only got it to watch with him. I GO TO BED!

This morning after a 5 mile run and 3 mile walk---I tackle it again AND I am CLOSE--OH SO CLOSE. But this isn't Horseshoes and close doesn't get a score-NOR A MOVIE!

1 comment:

the Jennings secede from the South said...

Darn quests. Never work out the way you plan.