IT'S NOT EASY BEING A SOUTHERN BELLE-EVEN AFTER YEARS OF PRACTICE!













Saturday, December 5, 2009

I QUIT!!!

Days like today, all I want to say is I QUIT!!!!!! Some days are not good running days! I have a theory formed after much reading. Once your bio-rhythms get off-IT IS NOT A GOOD DAY! Basically you have two rhythms internally---the physical rhythm and the emotional rhythm. It is a VERY good day when both of them are up. The days when both are down are THE PITS!

Today's run was 15 miles and it was 26 degrees when we started at 5:30. Being slow is a CURSE---I run by myself a LOT. Friend Sam turned around and joined me about mile three and ran with me for the next 3+ miles. Steph & Mandy then ran for another 1 1/2 mile, but THEN I WAS ON MY OWN! The last 3 miles, I did lots of walking and had NOTHING left. IT WAS A MISERABLE DAY! I QUIT!!!

Then Friend Sonja, who is also training but out of town, texted me and asked how it went. When I told her I didn't think I could do it, she texted back and was very encouraging. Thank goodness for my encouraging friends. Those that don't run---don't care and don't ask . I guess I understand--asking about what is going on with someone else is not always at the top of our list. I am blessed with good running friends though that do ask and do care AND most important keep encouraging me!

1 comment:

SND said...

We need to fix it up where you have someone with you toward the end of your run rather than the first. I could always run about 7 or 8 miles before but always wanted someone to run with me the last 10 miles. I didn't usually want to talk but it sure is good to have some company. I promise that will make a difference
!!And ditto with Sonja...you can do it!!