IT'S NOT EASY BEING A SOUTHERN BELLE-EVEN AFTER YEARS OF PRACTICE!













Tuesday, December 8, 2009

EARS TO HEAR!

Friend, Sonja, gave me a new book to read (I have about 6 going now), "Hearing God" by Peter Lord. The first chapter is about "Listening" for God. I was encouraged by the lessons that I read and even began some of the steps suggested. Then later in the day, I definitly heard a message from God. While out "volunteering", a sweet friend shared with me an update on her life. I was reminded that God also uses other Believers to speak to us---if only we are listening. I was touched by waht she said and reminded of the blessings God has lavished upon me. I am totally undeserving of any Blessing and yet He has lavished upon me sweet children and grands, a husband that provides for our needs, wonderful friends, a beautiful world to live in, and Godly mentors in my life. Sometimes He needs to remind me to get my eyes off my navel and on Him. I just need to "Open My Ears" and "Know That He is God"!

2 comments:

Deb said...

Love Peter Lord...haven't thought about him in many years. (my internet is finally working full time again!!)

the Jennings secede from the South said...

It is hard sometimes to be still and listen!