IT'S NOT EASY BEING A SOUTHERN BELLE-EVEN AFTER YEARS OF PRACTICE!













Wednesday, December 9, 2009

ARE YOU LISTENING?

There are those that do not believe that God still speaks to us, but I think the problem is "Knowing How to Listen".

I awoke at 3 AM with a thought in my mind of the boundaries that are placed around some. If we don't learn at first, after crossing that boundary, we quickly get the hint. Don't go past this line. Here is the line and you are not allowed past it. I immediately began a prayer of praise that there was NO BOUNDARY between God and me because of Jesus. I praised God and thanked Him for this knowledge and assurance of His love far beyond reason.

This AM I received an email from a dear friend and mentor that said, "Psalm 16-Praying. " No other message.

During my "Listening Time" a few minutes ago, I began by reading Psalm 16----

"Lord, you have assigned me my portion and my cup,
you have made my lot secure.
The boundary lines have fallen for me in pleasant places;
SURELY I have a delightful inheritance.

I will praise the Lord , who counsels me;
even at night my heart instructs me.

I have set the Lord always before me,
Because he is at my right hand,
I will not be shaken."

Yes, I am listening and He is speaking! There is no boundary to keep me from God and he will instruct me even at night.

No comments: