IT'S NOT EASY BEING A SOUTHERN BELLE-EVEN AFTER YEARS OF PRACTICE!













Saturday, September 25, 2010

OUR NEED FOR A TOUCH


As I was enjoying the mid-night - early morning hours, I watched a documentary on a child with Downs graduating from high school. One of the poignant scenes was of the boy holding hands with a girl for the first time. It created a cavalcade of memories to come flooding back.
I remembered distinctly the first experiences of "Holding hands" in my early teen years. Of the thrill of that touch and the warmth of someone showing they cared for you with a simple--yet sweet touch. Fingers inter-twined at times and others your hand warmly wrapped inside a hand larger than yours , all touches that sweetly and innocently began the journey of realization of how important a touch can be.
I never really have any desire to go back and start again-or relive my life, but if I could pick out a few scenes that I could relive---one would be that sweet and special tingle that came with those touches. As the Beatles so well put it, "I Wanna Hold Your Hand."

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I hate you are having this problem.
For temporary relief, I KNOW you have a nurse friend that probably has a few extra Ambiens on hand.

Believe me, you take one of those---you are out---I can attest to that..and I won't go any farther about that!

Goosie