IT'S NOT EASY BEING A SOUTHERN BELLE-EVEN AFTER YEARS OF PRACTICE!













Monday, September 15, 2008

SUNRISE - SUNSET

I stood on my back deck and watched the sunset tonight. Here is the beautiful sight that I was blessed to witness.
BC called me into the kitchen as he scooped up his last forkfuls of supper to see the sight. You see this same sight can be witnessed from my kitchen sink window. It makes washing dishes almost pleasurable to look out at these woods surrounding our home.
The last few minutes of the sun sinking below the horizon always go by fast. After a full day of glorious sun with Louisiana Fall like temperatures, this was the fitting ending to a beautiful day. I was fortunate enough to witness a beautiful sunrise this morning while we were ending our 5 mile run and now I have seen the same sun disappear below the horizon.
While the Nation is shouting and screaming at each other over the presidential election, while the economy is shaking up the world around us, and while our good neighbors are reeling from the devastation brought by nature, the sun is still rising and setting as it has done for many - many years. The election will finally be over, the economy will once again settle down, and homes will be re-built. Life marches on and no matter where you are in the world or what your circumstances are-we all witness the same sun rising and setting on us all.

7 comments:

the Jennings secede from the South said...

Good perspective! Time marches on.

Bethany said...

Thanks for the reminder...and that is why I love the Lord so much, through all that is changing in our world, He never changes.

Deb said...

I know....life goes on no matter what turmoil is happening. I hope you are right that the economy will settle out and quit going down hill!

Unknown said...

Hey I saw BC in Starbucks today! I know I need to catch up in the blog world. I promise to very soon! Hope you're well!

Just say Julie said...

Such a pretty view...and a great reminder right now. Thanks for stopping by my blog! Glad you found it :) I'm sure mom would love to hitch a ride with y'all next time you visit. Finding more and more hometown folks round here.

Obsessive Foodie or Food Addict....You Decide said...

I have a very similar view.....can't beat it.

B-HO said...

Hey MS Lora! Of course I am leaving early in the morn...so I will go ahead and put your order in and get the check later --I know you are good for it:) and you so need a small...not a medium you are tiny....so is that one large,2 med, and one small?