IT'S NOT EASY BEING A SOUTHERN BELLE-EVEN AFTER YEARS OF PRACTICE!













Sunday, September 14, 2008

DEADLY FELLOW


BC & I were out at 7 AM beginning the clean up from Mr. Ike. (THANKS A LOT) While raking the front yard, I looked over and saw the above. I very calmly said, "There's a snake-you know a bad snake (could not remember his name). BC promptly gets off the roof and brings the shovel. (I have him around to do the dirty work-whenever possible) We live in the woods and share our woods with all of the good snakes-but the Bad Fellows are in for a surprise if we spot them. The coral snake is the most deadly snake in our state, but he would have to chew on you to get the venom in as he has no fangs like other poisonous snakes. If he does get you though, you are in Trouble. We used to see quite a few coral snakes out here, but have not spotted one in a while. I am supposing all of the rain in the last two weeks has filled his hole with water and he was fleeing. Bad news for him!
I tried all last night to get the following video that Babs sent me downloaded to my blog with no success:
go here
I PROMISE you will be in tears! I have heard of Team Hoyt for a long time, but never seen this video of the highlights from The Ironman. What a MAGNIFICENT reminder of what Our Father does for us each and every day. We are incapable and weak, but he provides a way for us to experience the JOY of life with him. PLEASE PLEASE PLEASE watch this!

4 comments:

Deb said...

Is it a coral snake!!!??? Crazy.

Anonymous said...

Here I sit waiting for the stupid system to come back up, and decided to check your blog....I KNEW I should have made a trip to the bathroom first.

YOU KNOW I HATE THOSE SNAKES!!!!!!!!

(Goose Creek LONG LOST BUDDY!)

Obsessive Foodie or Food Addict....You Decide said...

I don't particularly like the good snakes either......as long as they ALL stay in their hole I am good to go.

The Tylers said...

I first heard about team Hoyt 2 years ago. What an awesome testament about the human spirit. Always make me think twice about how hard training can be:). Thanks for sharing.