IT'S NOT EASY BEING A SOUTHERN BELLE-EVEN AFTER YEARS OF PRACTICE!













Tuesday, July 10, 2007

What Was I Thinking?????


Motorcycle Momma is on right and the cute guy in the middle is Bubba.



Now this was a day, a day to remind me of just how old I really am.



When you roll over and punch that alarm at 5:10 and realize you are still tired-IT IS NOT A GOOD SIGN! I rolled out anyway, since I was meeting one of my MAIN running buddies who was MIA yesterday. OK-I should have known better-I never run 2 days in a row. Three times a week has become my mantra with some walking in between. For some unknown reason, I decided that I would run my usual Monday and then run again on Tuesday so I could run with Miss Mona. NOT A GOOD IDEA!!!

When I walked outside and the sauna hit me, I knew I was in trouble! The first half of the run was not too bad-but then I went downhill. Lots of walking-especially if the ground was tilted up. Saw lots of other runners toward the end and used that excuse to stop and chat.

I PRAYED ALL AFTERNOON for rain, so I could rest my weary legs-but that didn't happen. So out the door I go again at 6:15 to the park for a walk. You haven't truly been in a sauna until you walk in the park in 90 degree heat with 90 percent humidity. The trees are lovely and provide wonderful shade-BUT-they also hold in the heat and humidity. It swiftly became a sweatfest. The good thing was having 4 buddies along to laugh and talk with. We made about 4 miles. MY LEGS WERE SCREAMING, "HEY STUPID, we've already done our thing today. ARE YOU CRAZY!"

ONE THING IS FOR SURE-NO RUNNING TOMORROW!

We did talk about our Canada trip some. We discussed bathrooms on our hikes. It turns out that the bathroom will be the nearest bush that you can squat behind. NOW THIS IS NOT AN ATTRACTIVE THOUGHT! I will be limiting the amount of water I drink and for sure the amount of fiber and roughage I consume. Sonja also told us that we carry the TP with us and must haul it out. OK-I'm not EVEN going to think about that one! We have all made a pact to not even carry our running shoes with us, for fear that Sandra will talk us into not only hiking all day, but also getting up and running beforehand.

I did wear my new hiking shoes and try them out. After YEARS of wearing the lightest running shoes I could find, can I tell you how heavy those suckers feel? Good support and lots of cushioning though and no blisters after 4 miles. THIS IS A VERY GOOD THING!






No comments: