IT'S NOT EASY BEING A SOUTHERN BELLE-EVEN AFTER YEARS OF PRACTICE!













Wednesday, July 11, 2007

How Fast Can You Peddle??????


Today began as a wonderful day- NO GETTING UP BEFORE DAWN!

I began the day with a little yardwork. Three hours later, after enduring a sweatfest, I gave it up and retreated to the AC. Did I mention how humid it was today? Now the yard looks so much better. When Mr. C came home, he notices that I mowed, but immediately asked,
"Did you edge?". Makes me want to scream! The front beds had become a literal jungle and I had spent most of the AM pruning and hauling off the debri. I filled the back of my yard truck completely up. BUT DID HE NOTICE THAT? OH NO-just you didn't weed eat.

Was going to take it easy today, but decided after lunch to lift a few weights at the Lambright Center at Tech. The great thing about going to the LC during the summer is that most of the coeds are gone home. Now there is nothing wrong with the coeds, except for the fact that they all have young firm, tight, and toned bodies. Another reminder of my age. There was a time that after a couple of weeks in the weight room I would have been right there with them. Mother Nature loves to play this horrible trick on us as we age of dropping everything a little south every year. NOT NICE MOTHER NATURE
Mr. Bicycle (Randy Braddock) came over after 5 to give BC and me a lesson on pumping up our bike tires. It turns out I have been riding around with half the pressure I should have had in my tires. What's the big deal????Well it is twice as hard to pedal with less pressure.

On top of this Mr. C is riding a fine "road bike"







But I am still on my "granny special"




Did you notice the difference? To say the least his goes much faster than mine and weighs approximately 1/4 of what mine does. I was having to work to keep up since he was leading us on all flat surfaces. When we ride on the hills, I can out endure him and get ahead, but the OLD BOY knows that and loves to see me in his rearview mirror. I am not totally dissing my bike. I do have a "BELL" and he doesn't. I AM SO COOL!

About 20 minutes into our ride, we look east and


Needless to say, after a very fast return to the car-we ended today's workout. That is probably a good thing since tomorrow brings another early day and FUN RUN!

2 comments:

Moto Mama said...

Mrs. C,

You are SO HIP! Is there anything you cannot do? (maybe weed eat?)

Moto Mama

the Jennings secede from the South said...

poor old dad. he was just wondering.. after all he had spent all day at work keeping you in the style of living that YOU'VE BECOME ACCUSTOMED TO!!!