IT'S NOT EASY BEING A SOUTHERN BELLE-EVEN AFTER YEARS OF PRACTICE!













Saturday, July 21, 2007

Long Run Day

After another amazing day off, Friday, it was back to work today. We ran 8 1/2 and part of the group ran 9. We have decided to sign up for the Houston Marathon & Half Marathon in January. I was pretty much convinced that I would run the 1/2, until my sweet Camille called. To make a longer story short, she has decided to sign up for the marathon. Now I am thinking maybe I need to run the whole, since we can compare training notes, etc. My encouraging spouse told me that I had plenty of time and it shouldn't be a problem. This from the man who does not run. IT IS CONSIDERABLY EASIER, to say you are going to run a marathon than actually doing it. THE TRAINING-UGH! Once you have crossed that threshold and actually run the entire 26.2 miles-Well you have too much information! As my favorite Southern belle would say, "I'll think about that tomorrow."

Today was an exceptionally fine day since our entertainment committee, Mona, was with us. Since she has transferred to Bienville Parish and is not running with us during the week, we MISS that stream of consciousness that is constantly flowing from her mouth. As for me-I am breathing through my mouth(and every other available orifice), thus I prefer to be entertained and just listen. All of this lovely rain causes considerable humidity these early AM's. That makes for heavy air and difficulty getting enough oxygen. We had two of the local good looking gazelles float by us this morning wearing skorts to run in. Now on those two lovely and young bodies, they were so cute, but I can't quite make myself go there. Instead of a gazelle I have a vision of a cow running to the barn. Have you ever seen the rear end of a cow when she runs?



My friend Mona has more local sayings than Carter has liver pills. The "Monaism" for today-




"She was nuttier than a squirrel's turd." (Think about that a minute)




No comments: