IT'S NOT EASY BEING A SOUTHERN BELLE-EVEN AFTER YEARS OF PRACTICE!













Monday, July 16, 2007

BLOGGING LESSON # 1

BE VERY CAREFUL WHAT YOU SAY ON YOUR BLOG!!!!


We ran into Sandra, aka Iron Woman, this AM, while she was power walking her 5 miles after her 5 1/2 mile run. (Hence Larry's name, "Iron Woman") The rest of us don't even TRY to keep up with her. It seems I was in BIG TROUBLE after she read my blog for a comment about not taking running shoes to Canada. After a brief tongue lashing, and a very direct comment about missing the JOY of running in 40 degree temperature, I think I was temporarily let off the hook. I was so chastised that I did relent and declare that I would see if I had the room in my duffel.


We have made a pact to pack light-but the necessities seem to keep growing. I think we have all agreed to keep clothing to a minimum-but we all need OUR STUFF! You MUST have all the prerequiste equipment for all of our outdoor adventures. Hiking shoes, Wicking Wool Socks, Coats, Day Packs, Snacks, Sunscreen, Mosquito Repellent, Hats, Visors, & OF COURSE ANY AND ALL POSSIBLE DRUGS for aches, pains, stomach ailments, sleeplessness, and bear anxiety. Binoculars, sunglasses, gloves, bandaids, water bottles, etc, etc. This is the list of hiking. Now if you are going to swim laps-well another list, and if you might bike, another list, and if we might canoe-you get my drift?


We will have to limit the clothing since all of the STUFF will take up most of the room in the small duffel we have agreed to take. Most plan to wash out our hiking clothes, since dri-fit dries so fast. Personally, I plan to just rewear my things a couple of times. I may get boycotted and left for bearfood if the odor becomes too fishy-SO I will try to monitor it and trust my friends to be brutally honest with me.


Today is Friend, Sonja's birthday. She continues to look better and has the figure most 20 year olds would love to have. A few of us ate lunch together to celebrate-here is the picture-but we are missing Sheila, aka MotoMomma, who after an hour of waiting HAD to return to the World of Government

Missed having lots of our buds, but hastily put together after Sonja's return from BR and grands.

This AM we ran 6 and walked another 2 since we were out of action all weekend. It was like running in a movie. Foggy and sultry with no sound but the pound of feet upon alsphalt and concrete and the gasping for air. Would make a great soundtrack for any horror flick. Missed Miss Mona and the traveling dialogue which is very entertaining and most distracting. For some reason I always have a hard time on Mondays. As the oldie, but goodie says, "Rainy Days & Mondays Always Get Me Down."

2 comments:

SND said...

Ouch!!! I just didn't want anyone to be disappointed they did not bring their running shoes. I suppose I will share my running shoes in case anyone else decides they want to run. (Size 10 1/2, but I promise to share!!!!)

mona said...

OK.....I was truly enjoying your blog until you putup the photo of that stupid SNAKE!!!!!!!!!!
Seriously, I am so glad you are all having fun...I want to see LOT of photos when you get back. I miss you! I ran 4.3 Tuesday, and felt guilty, so I ran 6 yesterday...Don't want the coach on my butt!!! You all BE SAFE and hope I'll see you soon!