IT'S NOT EASY BEING A SOUTHERN BELLE-EVEN AFTER YEARS OF PRACTICE!













Wednesday, July 18, 2007

LOST A DAY

I completely lost yesterday. That would be one of the remaining days of my life-that for the most part-I LOST! It seems the night before someone decided to spray for mosquitoes. Now I am thrilled that the higher ups or neighbors or whomever are concerned about West Nile Virus-I certainly don't want that malady, but I NEED SOME WARNING. I don't think my reaction would have been so severe if I had taken an antihistamine in advance. By the time I figured out what was going on- TOO LATE! BC told me before 10 when he went outside for some reason that he smelled poison, but it wasn't until after I had gone to bed and my eye began itching that I suspected something was up. After the eye began to swell and droop ( LOVELY SIGHT!), I became congested, and then my palms and soles of my feet were itching like I had been in a bed of ants. First I tossed and turned, and then took a 24 hour anti-histamine, and finally about 4 hours later took another dose of benadryl. About 3:30 I went into the benadryl coma. The next AM I somehow stumbled out of my bed and went to the park to hike with Sonja & Sandra. DON'T HAVE A CLUE HOW I MADE THAT SIX MILES! Came home and made it until lunch-still congested. Took another dose of benadryl which precepitated the fog that I stayed in until 5 this AM. I think I talked with BC after he got home late, but don't remember much of what we said. I woke up on the couch at midnight and transferred to the bed. WHAT A WASTE! PLEASE PLEASE WARN ME NEXT TIME!



I did make it to run with the group this AM, but all I can say for today is that I finished. The lack of fluids yesterday and the drying effects of the anit-histamine took its toll.

Came home and began mowing the yard to discover that MR. DEER had been visiting last night. I was not a happy camper to discover that the neighborhood wildlife had been by and snacked in my flower beds. They are very picky-only ate the inpatience. I guess they are saving all of the other for another party. BC wished he had seen them eating it-this from the man that did not plant one flower on his hands & knees.



Inpatience Example That WERE In Bed


Bed Following Midnight Deer Raid-NO INPATIENCE


My laugh for the day came from Sheila. Here is the picture that she emailed me:

Do you think this qualifies for DUI law or Open Container law? YOU HAVE GOTTA LOVE IT! ONLY IN RUSTON!

1 comment:

the Jennings secede from the South said...

you can't be mad at bambi! you should post a picture of your droopy eye