IT'S NOT EASY BEING A SOUTHERN BELLE-EVEN AFTER YEARS OF PRACTICE!













Thursday, August 9, 2012

MARION--COULD I BE A TRUCK DRIVING WOMAN?

LOTS of miles in a very short period recently!  Left Friday-2 weeks ago and drove "The Girls" to the beach-----NOT that I am a control freak or anything like that--but I insisted on driving.  NOW for all those that think girls are Sissy-s---ONE of our crew drove her Harley down there and back. GREAT TIME and I would tell you all that happened, but have taken a vow of secrecy-so I would have to kill you all.  No stories---NO pics---you'll just have to come with us next time if you want to know!

Saturday night I get a text that #1's appendix had ruptured and he is in the hospital.  I was ready to fly out---but for some strange reason they insisted I stay put.  It MIGHT be that my propensity to question doctors has gotten out---HEY  I've watched LOTS of medical reality shows!

Tuesday, I drive us back---you need to understand about being with a van load of women---we never saw a bathroom or place to eat---that didn't deserve our scrutiny!  It took a LONG time to get there and back.  When alone---I am a pedal to the metal--stop only for national emergencies---but you go with the flow when with a group.

Wednesday I get up early--go to work---leave immediately after work and drive to Austin---I needed to put my EYEBALLS on #1.  Actually stayed put Thursday---but Friday AM took #1 & #2 Grands on a road trip to see #3 & #4 in Fort Worth.  Saw "The Cousins" and out of Momma's hair for a couple of days while Dad is slowly recovering.  Drive to Weatherford Saturday for a day trip to "The Jennings Spa & Resort".  Drove the boys back to Austin Sunday and after an hour of recuperation--drove home to R.

My sweet friend, Marion is a LONG haul truck driver---she will be calling me to go to work once she reads this---NOW---I just need to come up with a "Handle" for my CB!

No comments: