IT'S NOT EASY BEING A SOUTHERN BELLE-EVEN AFTER YEARS OF PRACTICE!













Monday, August 13, 2012

ADVENTURE FREAK!

I am reading Lost which is a story of a solo trek of the PCT.  INCREDIBLY DIFFICULT--is an understatement.  ALONE--grueling physical trek---wilderness---hiking from Mexico to Canada.  There is WAY too much personal drama in the book for my taste---HEY I've got my own personal drama, but the sections of the book that focus on the trek---are intriguing.  Dirty beyond description----in the company of bears and mountain lions and rattlesnakes----and yet---for some bizarre reason---I started thinking---

"Could I do this?"

What's wrong with me----I should be thinking---"I'm too old to do this"---"I don't like to be that dirty"--"Bears will eat you--snakes will bite you---"Dehydrated Food-  YUCK!"

But there is still a part of me that goes---WOW--what an adventure that would be!  NEVER said I wasn't slightly crazy!

No comments: