IT'S NOT EASY BEING A SOUTHERN BELLE-EVEN AFTER YEARS OF PRACTICE!













Monday, April 11, 2011

TODAY'S THE DAY!

Today begins the week long last part of the LEAP testing for all of my 4th grade students. SO IMPORTANT! I am as nervous about it as they are! If you think about it---say a little prayer. One little guy that I tutored is 13 and in the 4th grade----just cannot get past the LEAP! If I could just have a moment of your time to tell you the obstacles some of these kids must overcome. It REALLY is amazing that they do as well as they do! I tutor my long time student this afternoon after school for the math part of the test and then that's it for the week. It's all up to them at this point.

2 comments:

Emily said...

Definitely will say a prayer! I teach 4th grade Sunday School, so that was on certainly on their minds yesterday. I also have a good friend who teaches at an elementary school here in Baton Rouge where all students face so many challenges, just like you mentioned.

Lorena G. Sims said...

I'm lifting them up right now in my prayers.