IT'S NOT EASY BEING A SOUTHERN BELLE-EVEN AFTER YEARS OF PRACTICE!













Sunday, April 3, 2011

IN HIS PERFECT TIME!

When driving solo, I don't make a lot of stops and I am "On A Mission" to get to my destination. The trip to Austin is 6 1/2 hours from here---without stops--IT'S A LONG DRIVE! Today things were going pretty much as normal---WHEN OUT OF THE BLUE--near calamity! When I get on the interstate---I tend to think --just put it on automatic pilot and get home. I usually drive with the speed control on most of the time and tend to be pretty conservative with my speed. I had it set at about 72 and was cruising along and not really very aware of much---just thinking. I crested a hill and there directly in front of me---the line of cars were slamming on their brakes. There had been a wreck which was causing major chaos and there was NO WARNING! I SLAMMED on the breaks so hard-I'm surprised my foot did not go through the floorboard. THANK GOODNESS for these new--brakes that keep you going straight and from skidding. SOMEHOW I got the car stopped just before adding grey paint to my nice white car. NO not somehow----God's provision of protection was with me. My days are numbered and He knows the number---Today was not the day!

1 comment:

Gabe said...

Glad you made it safely.