IT'S NOT EASY BEING A SOUTHERN BELLE-EVEN AFTER YEARS OF PRACTICE!













Saturday, April 9, 2011

GOOD CAUSES!! LEGACY PARK


One of our local young mothers has a baby who is disabled--born with Downs Syndrome. She has 3 beautiful children including this sweet little boy. She noticed the lack of playground equipment for her son and began to dream. She dreamed of equipment which would enable a child in a wheel chair and a non-disabled child to play together. She came up with the plan and now she is on a mission to raise money to put this equipment in our local Lincoln Parish Park.


It is NOT cheap--but she is not deterred--but on a mission. I have GREAT admiration for her and her efforts.


Today there was a 5K and Kids Day in the park to raise money. There was a good turnout and LOTS of people there and I am sure still to come.


I got up and ran 6 miles with my running group at 5:30. I then came home and changed out of my soaking clothes (it was 78 degrees at 5:30) and left to go to the park. The 5 K course was GRUELING--hill after hill. I intended to walk--but when that horn goes off---for some strange reason I take off too. It was not pretty but I finished. ALL FOR A GOOD CAUSE!

1 comment:

Lorena G. Sims said...

It really is for a good cause. I hope you guys would earn enough to start the project.