IT'S NOT EASY BEING A SOUTHERN BELLE-EVEN AFTER YEARS OF PRACTICE!













Friday, April 29, 2011

I ALWAYS CRY

I recorded the Royal Wedding and watched it at my leisure tonight. The best thing about recording it was fast forwarding through the HO HUM! It was beautiful---and I must admit I am always a little teary at most weddings.

When Diana married what's his name, I set my alarm and watched the live coverage. It was such a "Camelot" moment. A beautiful start and wedding extraordinaire! Camelot faded and life surfaced----I watched a royal funeral after an ugly ending to that marriage.

The wedding, though beautiful, is only the start of something than can only grow more beautiful with the years and living. It is always such a blessing to see those couples that end well as they fade into the sunset together. It just doesn't happen enough like that--how sad.

No comments: