IT'S NOT EASY BEING A SOUTHERN BELLE-EVEN AFTER YEARS OF PRACTICE!













Friday, February 4, 2011

WELL----HELLO THERE!

"Pray continually; give thanks in all circumstances, for this is God's will for you in Christ Jesus."

I didn't go to bed until almost 11, and then I was awakened with a start as my roommate jerked out of the bed around midnight. It seems I was making some undue noise while sleeping. The sinfilled part of me would like to point out the MANY nights I have stared at the ceiling as the logs were not just sawed but chainsawed next to me. Call me defensive at this point. I am REALLY awake now---so go get my book. Read until 1:30 and then stare at the ceiling and pray until 2:30. My eyes pop open at 5, but I do manage to toss and turn until 6. Giving up--I just go shower and start another day.

NOW you might ask---what good comes from this late night wakefulness? I listened to the rain and sleet and the quiet stillness that only comes in those wee hours. I prayed and prayed and prayed. I was prompted to search the Scriptures for answers. . . . AND I was reminded to give thanks in ALL circumstances. NOT an easy thing to do at times. .....and it is humbling VERY humbling to be reminded of my "Vileness" as Tozer so adequately points out.

Who DO you talk to in the middle of the night when all is dark and still and quiet---who else would listen at that hour---Only God.

1 comment:

lindsey said...

Thank you for staying up all night because I needed to be reminded of this verse! :)