IT'S NOT EASY BEING A SOUTHERN BELLE-EVEN AFTER YEARS OF PRACTICE!













Wednesday, February 16, 2011

THE UNEXPLAINABLE

I finally have my running back on somewhat of a schedule---3 days a week with a trip to the weight room the 2 days between. I have SLOWLY gotten my time back into the reasonable realm---but still need to take about 30 seconds a mile off that time. I seem to be fluctuating in the 10 1/2 minute range---just cannot break down below that. If I keep chasing the big girls--perhaps it will happen some day.

Monday's I am running with Sam at 5 AM--which means a wake up time of 4:30---GROAN!!! Wednesday--Susan has consented to meet me at 5:30. Preferring to run in the afternoons---I appreciate her willingness to be my partner.

Saturday is LONG run day----these days my LONGEST run has been 6 1/2 miles. I will keep chipping away at that. Once I get into a groove, I should be able to add a mile a week to that until I get to 10. I have NO need to run more than 10 at this point in my life.

Which brings me to my post title----HOW do you explain the unexplainable? I'm not really sure how to even begin.

No comments: