IT'S NOT EASY BEING A SOUTHERN BELLE-EVEN AFTER YEARS OF PRACTICE!













Monday, November 8, 2010

DWINDLING DAYS!

My hours in Erie are drawing to a close. I made good progress today, but have a list that would choke a horse for tomorrow. I am at the point in my life---what I get done is great-what I don't will not cause any catastrophic happening. Well I may be a little stressed by the undones-but I will go home to an entire new list.

Tonight I made Southern comfort food after Camille requested it last night. Have not cooked this meal in YEARS--after we vowed to eat better. Used to be an every week staple---but no more. Fried Round Steak smothered in gravy with rice and whole kernel corn and biscuits. HEAVY! Didn't really need any dessert.

Mr. Henry did better with the time today. He was not as ill and I didn't put him to bed until 7 which is his normal bedtime. After 2 mornings of 5 AM awakenings---I could use a break tomorrow. We will see!

2 comments:

Gabe said...

I don't believe you've pulled that dish out of your arsenal since the late 80s.

Gabriele Agustini said...

OK - the description of that meal made me want it for breakfast!!
Glad Mr. Henry is feeling better.
Best,
gabriele