IT'S NOT EASY BEING A SOUTHERN BELLE-EVEN AFTER YEARS OF PRACTICE!













Thursday, April 22, 2010

STOCK MARKET 103

Sometime in the LONG ago posts, I gave a brief explanation of my day trading in the stock market. Well that continues until this day. I have learned some valuable lessons along the way and have had to crawl out of a hole a time or two, but I am still at it. I don't trade EVERY day as I did at one time. I have become a "Picky Trader" watching for volatile days and avoiding those that have more of a side-ways move. Today and yesterday are good examples of what I am doing.

One of the newest things I am trading is "Index Funds". Basically these funds follow the rise and fall of certain indexes. There are several of these indexes, but I follow the S & P because it is a broad spectrum of stocks. You decide what level you think the index will rise to or exceed in a short period of time. Today I began watching the S&P early. It kept making a dip down and once it was down about 12.5 it would pop back up some. So I bought into the fund at what I thought was a sustainable level at the dip down by 12.5. Once the fund made another reversal and came back up to a level that I determined, I sold the call. This all happened while I was at Bible Study. I emailed my buy point before leaving and BC texted me about my sell point while there. I probably would not have even seen the text since I had my sound off--except I got my I phone out to research a Scripture. Perhaps God was taking care of me!

Confusing? I must say I have called in the trade backwards on one occasion and often say it backwards when talking with BC about it. I know what I am doing---I just say it backwards. Perhaps I am a Dyslexic Stock Trader!

No comments: