IT'S NOT EASY BEING A SOUTHERN BELLE-EVEN AFTER YEARS OF PRACTICE!













Tuesday, April 13, 2010

OLD DOG--NEW TRICKS--YADA YADA YADA

I am not a good "memory learner". I have always been more of a puzzle solver. We all have different styles of learning---and mine has never been memorization.

I am really feeling the call to learn more "Memory Verses". I have tried this before and failed miserably. I can paraphrase lots of Scripture, but quoting word for word is another thing. I have been thinking and decided God may not be pleased with my lack of effort. So I have once again, started the process. I decided the way to go--is start small and with a verse that really speaks to me. So far, I have committed three verses verbatim to memory. Short verses-but powerful verses. I am trying to work on one per week.

Here are the first three--challenge me if you see me--it will serve to help the process:

"For from Him
and through Him
and to Him
are ALL things. Romans 11;36

"The Lord searches every heart and understands the motive behind the thoughts. If you seek Him, He will be found." Colossi ans 28:9

"Above all else, guard your heart,
for it is the wellspring of life." Proverbs 4:23

No comments: