IT'S NOT EASY BEING A SOUTHERN BELLE-EVEN AFTER YEARS OF PRACTICE!













Sunday, April 4, 2010

NEWEST TREASURE


I am into recycling--you know trying to preserve the resources of our Earth for my grandchildren! I separate everything that can be locally recycled and carry it around to the local depositories. It's a good thing!
As I posted before, the local landfill----where I was given the title of Queen recently-----has discontinued burning the yard refuse and is now chipping it for reuse. GREAT! I am a regular customer carrying all of the limbs, etc there that I have gleamed. Yesterday's trip was a REAL WINNER as I also came away with a treasure. #1 Son & I are known for our delight in finding a treasure in someones throw away pile.
We had pulled up to discard in the area reserved for metal products and BC spotted this PERFECTLY GOOD wagon. I somehow had missed it and he probably regretted pointing it out when I went over and emptied it and claimed it. The proud owner of two wagons already--one has been relegated to a plant holder only. This means when the grands come we have one wagon to ride down the hill and have to take turns. That has now been taken care of---we are a two rolling wagon family. WE CAN RACE DOWN THE HILL NOW!
I never think of riding down the hill with the boys that I don't think of #1 Grand yelling at me as we raced down the hill----"PICK UP YOUR FEET MOMMA LULU---YOU'RE SLOWING US DOWN!" Well--#1---Momma didn't raise NO FOOL--I race down the hill like I ski down the hill----IN CONTROL AND CAREFULLY!
"HALLELUJAH-----HE IS RISEN!"

No comments: