IT'S NOT EASY BEING A SOUTHERN BELLE-EVEN AFTER YEARS OF PRACTICE!













Sunday, April 18, 2010

INADEQUATE AND YET---------

Talk about mind-numbing intimidation--------BC and I were asked to be on a parenting panel to answer questions from young parents in our church this AM. As with most things----this seemed like a really good idea two months ago when we were asked to participate. Who could refuse our sweet Children's Minister--such a heart for God and his "little ones".

This week I found out the other 3 couples that were going to be on the panel----OH BOY! When I told Camille the story, she laughed and said we would add a touch of reality. I thought perhaps we were the examples of what not to do! Anyway--we went----we participated----we answered honestly from a life of "trying".

This afternoon, while reflecting upon the morning, I realized that God honors our earnest and sincere attempts on His behalf --even in parenting. There are no sure answers when it comes to raising children and I remember admitting to my own at times that I had erred. The one saving grace in the midst of my poor efforts----I love my children and I am sure they all know that.

My advice to young parents---as throughout the Bible---give your children your Blessing, pray for them continually and persevere!

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

And, Lora, you are still parenting...Bobby!

the Jennings secede from the South said...

Ah, y'all are great parents!! We all turned out:)

sam said...

You both did an amazing job! I truly appreciate your honesty and genuine heart! Thanks for sharing your wisdom!!