IT'S NOT EASY BEING A SOUTHERN BELLE-EVEN AFTER YEARS OF PRACTICE!













Friday, April 16, 2010

DO YOU TAKE SUGAR WITH YOUR TEA???

I am not much of a "Rally" goer, but my curiosity got the best of me and I went to the Ruston version of the National Tea Party Tax Day Rally yesterday. It was interesting to say the least. It seems there are quite a few of us who are not happy with the way things are going in our Federal Government. What really amazed me was the hodge podge mixture in the crowd. Who knew? It might be a little concerning to our politicians to see the ground swell from ALL walks of life who are dissatisfied with what is going on in Washington. I will refrain from my "Soap Box" today---

The program consisted of Prayer, The Pledge of Allegiance, Our National Anthem, God Bless America and three speeches from totally diverse orators. A preacher, a YOUNG adult-having just finished his master's degree, and a grandfather/lawyer. The common theme----they aren't listening and Push them out! I enjoyed my evening and will spend some time reflecting upon where we are, how we got here, and what's to be done about it.

A nice size crowd with flags flying and signs waving
The Protesters

You will note the above protesters are all college aged. I remember the day when I was their age and I thought John F. Kennedy's Camelot was the answer. With maturity and "The Real World", I think I have a much better perspective on our nation and what is really going on. I SO WANTED to say----"Come back when you are supporting yourself and have been in the "Real Work World" for about 10 years and tell me what you think!" The wonderful thing about our country--they have the right to protest---as do we!


1 comment:

Marylou said...

Interesting! I don't have much "real world" experience :) but I DO know that paying taxes will change the way you look at things!