IT'S NOT EASY BEING A SOUTHERN BELLE-EVEN AFTER YEARS OF PRACTICE!













Saturday, November 21, 2009

IF I EVER HAD ONE-I HAVE LOST IT!

OK-now practice this-----NO NO NO NO NO

If I EVER had a mind----I am pretty sure I have lost it! Somehow I have agreed to another marathon. I have to back up and think about just HOW this happened.

In an effort to get my weekly long run mileage up, I agreed to the White Rock Half Marathon in December. When you are faced with a 13.1 mile run, you have run out of excuses and the mileage HAS to begin to increase. This would have allowed me to get my base up and stay at the 10 mile weekly run after White Rock. Believe me when I say, you do not go out and run a half marathon without some preparation. So-----I thought good friends Dallas at Christmas wonderful Dallas cuisine-----I'M IN!

The next thing I knew while just getting my mileage back to 10 is that Sonja asks me to consider a Spring marathon. I am thinking LATE Spring and that would give me PLENTY of time to train. I agree.

I then get a text that Sonja has another Grand on the way-this summer AND she needs to do a marathon sooner. OK-SO MAYBE APRIL. The problem is that we are looking for a FLAT marathon---MOST IMPORTANT! UNFORTUNATELY THERE ARE NOT A LOT OF FLAT MARATHONS OUT THERE!

I then get a text while out of town-that GOD is leading her to the Albany, GA marathon on the first Saturday in MARCH. GOOD GRIEF-do you know how soon that is? We usually train for 18 weeks-that can't happen in this time frame. I ALWAYS increase my long runs a mile at a time---NOT GOING TO HAPPEN! SO---HOW DO YOU ARGUE WITH WHAT GOD WANTS?????? We finally left it that I would begin the training and SEE how it went.

Since I had been out of town for the weekend-this past Monday I had to run 11 miles to make up the Saturday long run. NO TIME TO DELAY! The first few miles were in the misting rain-----the last 3 miles were in the POURING rain. I know all those cars on their way to work thought-WHO IS THAT NUT? Wednesday we did speed work----now that is a New form of torture that we should try on our political prisoners-----perhaps even a few of our representative and senators. TODAY I had to jump 2 MILES to 13 miles. I finished but as with every long run and step on in mileage-when I finished I had NOTHING left in the tank.

I HAVE DEFINITELY GONE OVER THE DEEP END!

3 comments:

About Miranda said...

That's phenomenal! Crazy but phenomenal!!! One of the guys I work with ran a half marathon last weekend and another one today. He and his dad run them together! Perhaps one day I may try this too!

the Jennings secede from the South said...

No argument here!

Deb said...

You love it! You don't fool me!