IT'S NOT EASY BEING A SOUTHERN BELLE-EVEN AFTER YEARS OF PRACTICE!













Thursday, October 4, 2012

SWEET ERIE IN THE FALL-



I went to Erie one October while Camille lived there.  It was the most beautiful display of Fall foliage I have EVER seen.  Camille tells me that one of the things she misses most about Erie is the true change of seasons.  Our long hot summers do not lend to a brilliant Fall display unfortunately.  The pictures I made are stored on a hard drive that I pulled off my old laptop--and I still don't have them downloaded.  I snagged the picture above off the WWW--but it does not BEGIN to do justice to the show I was treated to that memorable trip.

I SO wish some of my Erie friends would send me a gallon of the BEST apple cider I have EVER put in my mouth.  I found it in a local Garden/Gift shop while there and drank so much ---well it can have negative effects if you overdo.  Sadly---it was refrigerated or I would search out the PA orchard it came from and have some shipped to me.  OH---how I loved that sweet nectar from Heaven!

Meanwhile--here is LA---we are seeing a few slight glimpses of change---but for the most part we are still lush and green.  OH FOR FALL!

No comments: