IT'S NOT EASY BEING A SOUTHERN BELLE-EVEN AFTER YEARS OF PRACTICE!













Monday, June 11, 2012

WE WERE BORN MANIPULATING

I have decided we come into the world manipulating others to get what we want!

Henry quickly decided he wanted Lulu to put him to bed every night while I was there---I DON'T think his Mom & Dad are quite the sucker that I am---

Read me a story----OK, we will read 3 books--After the third---we have the LONG discussion about why I am not going to read another book.  And then-----STAY with me until I go to sleep---the first night I went to sleep first---LONG DAY---LONG DRIVE---TIRED!  I had the two boys while their Dad was working and Mom was with friends----HOW DOES SHE MANAGE TO GET THEM TO BED ALONE?  Somehow--God's Grace---I did it.

We need water.

Again.

We need to talk about everything under the sun---talks as much as his mother did at that age---NEVER STOPS!

He does every acrobatic move I have ever seen in my life---flops around like a fish on the bank of the pond---and FINALLY goes to sleep.

The second night after stories-----water------flopping---he informs me He DOES NOT want me in his bed--that he sleeps by himself----OK-I GET IT!

The last night---repeat the scenario---lots of flopping---cover rearranging-- questions-----and FINALLY I out last him and he drifts off.

If you have to be manipulated----this is a GOOD kind!

No comments: