IT'S NOT EASY BEING A SOUTHERN BELLE-EVEN AFTER YEARS OF PRACTICE!













Wednesday, June 27, 2012

OLD MAC CONVILLE HAD A FARM

HERB GARDEN


VEGETABLE GARDEN
 BABY PEPPER
I am growing my VERY FIRST Herb & Vegetable Gardens.  I had raised beds built when I did some landscaping in the back yard.  In the herb garden---I have 2 types of basil, oregano, two types of mint, lemon balm, cilantro, thyme---to mention just those I can think of.  I have used the
oregano when making spaghetti--just yesterday.  I am REALLY looking forward to making homemade pesto!  The herbs require NO maintenance-beyond an occasional weed pulling.


I under-estimated the space requirement of the squash and tomatoes in the vegetable side.  Live and learn---there are 3 types of peppers, squash & 3 types of tomatoes.  I have an baby pepper already on the vine and everything else has bloomed SO veggies are coming.


LOVE watching them grow!

No comments: