IT'S NOT EASY BEING A SOUTHERN BELLE-EVEN AFTER YEARS OF PRACTICE!













Thursday, May 31, 2012

BLESSINGS--BURDENS

Today is sweet Camille's birthday.  I have spent my day reflecting upon the day that she was born---how happy we all were and how surprised that we actually had a girl.  NO ultra-sounds---ALL surprise!  Bittersweet are the memories at times---but I am working on staying focused on The Blessing of her birth and the tremendous joy she has been and is now.  She is a wonderful---Godly woman---devoted to her Lord---her husband and her family---as it should be.

Today also brought reminders of the MANY that are suffering---in physical pain---sick---very sick.  I am burdened by so many---and my prayers are filled with petitions for the return of health.  Cancer is an insidious disease---

I have prayed unceasingly for God to ease my pain---some of that ease has come by his reminder to me of all those that I love and care for that are suffering from illness--infirmity---age related problems.  That is just the tip of the iceberg---I haven't even mentioned those that are in pain/torment/distress from circumstances in their lives.  SO I am Blessed By My Daughter and My Sweet family----I am Burdened by MANY--that I will not violate their privacy by naming.  My loss and sorrow--somehow fades in comparison---we live in a fallen world--but God gives us glimpses of the joy that will be our constant companion--some day!  As for now---Life is filled with Blessings and Burdens.

No comments: