IT'S NOT EASY BEING A SOUTHERN BELLE-EVEN AFTER YEARS OF PRACTICE!













Wednesday, January 19, 2011

LOST IT!

I was once again reminded this AM, as I left the weight room, that I could very well be losing it! I saw this VERY familiar face---she spoke---I spoke---we chit chatted before I made a hasty exit. DON'T HAVE A CLUE WHO SHE WAS!!!! I know I should know---but for the life of me----I don't know! Definitely had different hair color----definitely had put on some weight---BUT the name--what was the name?????

I had the same experience Monday at the grocery store, BUT I did figure out who that was. I always see her at the same location---and then we are at the store together and for the life of me I KNEW I KNEW---but could not come up with the name. FINALLY within 15 minutes---I KNEW who she was. I thought OK--perhaps I am not losing it......

BUT THEN TODAY-------I am back to square one-------BUMMER!

Stress or Dementia?????? I am still functioning on a good level in lots of other venues---but the names that go with faces------GEEEZZZZZZZ Perhaps I now know why some insist upon calling you "Sweetie" or "Honey" when it seems totally inappropiate!

3 comments:

Gabe said...

"hey you!"

Gabriele Agustini said...

I wanted to write something witty,
but your first comment by Gabe, stole the show.
Can't beat that. :)
Wear headphones to the gym and no one will talk to you. :)
xo

Deb said...

This happened to me not too long ago and yes, it freaked me out, too. It is a very strange feeling! Just another sign that we are "getting long in the tooth" ;).