IT'S NOT EASY BEING A SOUTHERN BELLE-EVEN AFTER YEARS OF PRACTICE!













Friday, September 21, 2012

THE WISDOM OF C.S. LEWIS

I am quiet---I don't talk about it aloud much anymore---but God is still listening in the silence of my pain and aloneness as evidenced by this infamous quote by C.S. Lewis:


“Pain insists upon being attended to. God whispers to us in our pleasures, speaks in our consciences, but shouts in our pains. It is his megaphone to rouse a deaf world.”

He has listened---He has shouted where even I could hear---He still has His megaphone and it penetrates the veil of dispair.  He is near--He is faithful and He sustains me.

C.S. Lewis was a very wise man--who knew God well.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Quiet is good, it is very good. God can speak in the quiet and he addresses all of the pain. Rest with Him....