IT'S NOT EASY BEING A SOUTHERN BELLE-EVEN AFTER YEARS OF PRACTICE!













Thursday, January 21, 2010

SUFFERING

As Friend Sonja and I were working out this AM, she told me a tragic story about one of her friends and asked that I pray that she would be guided by Our Father as she ministered to her friend. We talked about a mutual friend that has just learned of a shocking and devastating medical crisis. We talked of a young friend that was beaten to the point of a brain bleed and shattered bones and is now going through the excruciating pain of recovery.

I told her that as I was praying on my way to the track, it occurred to me that there seems to be pain and suffering everywhere. Her Father & Mother who are a ministerial family and counselor---have asked her did she know anyone who was not suffering--because they did not. We agreed that the world seems to be full of pain---even when surrounded by blessings.

"We know that the whole creation has been groaning as in the pains of childbirth right up to the present time." Romans 8:22

"And we know that in all things God works for the good of those who love him, who have been called according to his purpose." Romans 8:28

"If God is for us, who can be against us?" Romans 8:31

And for now----I am keeping my eye upon Him and my ear open for His counsel for I know----

"He will wipe every tear from their eyes. There will be no more death or mourning or crying or pain, for the old order of things has passed away." Rev 21:4

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Love the column!! DeeDee

Deb said...

This very subject has been on my mind. I do see suffering and tragedy all around. I even see it in the eyes of some of the students at school...thanks for the scripture reminders! Where else can we go?!